My friend has notable symptoms of past abuse:
- She takes the blame when the blame belongs to others.
- She’s afraid of confrontation, and it takes a lot of courage for her to confront.
- She questions herself…alot.
- She questions others intentions.
- Her self-confidence is sometimes shaky.
- She is defensive whenever any blame is pointed at her, even if she is responsible.
But it’s made her a better person; a more compassionate person. She is growing in confidence and strength and understands why she is this way.
My point today, on this dreary Monday, is to encourage you who have experienced abuse to take each day on faith. God is true. He is constant and never changes. He is true love whereas others are bleary images in a bad photo.
If you need to talk, email me.