So I came up with ways you can be more available and less isolated in your busy schedule:
- Hold loosely to your plans. God has better ones anyway.
- Keep your word. Make your answers yes or no, not maybe. Show up.
- Don’t wait for something better to come along; make plans with someone.
- A friend wants to meet. Is your to-do list that important?
- Your spouse wants to spend time with you. Put down the phone and meet his or her gaze.
- Read the Bible. Growing closer to God makes you a better friend.
- Say what you mean, not what they want to hear.
- Watch your tongue on social media. Think of them before yourself.
- Show grace.
- Be love.
- Be someone’s accountability partner. Let someone be yours.
If you need to talk, email me. I’m available.