The first of the Four Spiritual Laws is, “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.” John 3:16 tells us, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 10:10 gives us the reason that Jesus came, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” What is blocking us from God’s love? What is preventing us from having an abundant life?
All of us sin and our sin has separated us from God.
We Are Sinful
“All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” 3
We were created to have fellowship with God; but, because of our stubborn self-will, we chose to go our own independent way, and fellowship with God was broken. This self-will, characterized by an attitude of active rebellion or passive indifference, is evidence of what the Bible calls sin.
The third spiritual law answers by stating, “Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Jesus Christ, we can have our sins forgiven and restore a right relationship with God.” Romans 5:8 shares, “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” First Corinthians 15:3-4 says, “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.” Jesus taught that He is the only way of salvation: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
Point 4 – You Must Repent and Receive Him (John 1:12, Rom 10:9-10 and 2 Cor 7:10)- Romans 10:9-10, “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”- IF … WILL BE – We have an action part to take care of first, then we’ll be saved
– It is not a matter of walking an aisle and having a religious moment
– But, it is surrendering yourself totally to the POWER of Christ in your life- John 1:12, “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God”
– Being given the right to be children of God first requires you to surrender to Him
– It is not a matter of if, but it is a matter of when – and the when can be right now
– APP: Here’s the key (don’t miss this):
– 2 Cor 7:10, “Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.”
– Godly sorrow is not being sorry that you got caught, that is worldly sorrow
– Godly sorrow brings righteousness, not “good feelings” and “happiness”
— It is not a feeling that we can just get, but it is given by God; and by God alone
— Example of Godly sorrow: Psalm 51:4, “Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.”
If you’d like to know more, please use the contact form to email me. I encourage you to explore this website.